NEW YORK (AP) - The celebrity contestants for the new season of "Dancing With the Stars" have been officially paired up with their professional dance partners Monday morning.
The announcements were made on “Good Morning America.”
Season 15 is the first time former celebrity contestants will return to the dance floor to form an “all-star” cast.
Some of the celebrities were paired with the same pros as previous seasons, but other pairings are new.
Here they are:
* Actress Kirstie Alley with Maksim Chmerkovskiy
* Former ‘N Sync member Joey Fatone with Kym Johnson
* Sarah Palin’s daughter Bristol Palin with Mark Ballas
* Former Dallas Cowboy Emmitt Smith with Cheryl Burke
* TV personality Melissa Rycroft with Tony Dovolani
* Actress Pamela Anderson with Tristan McManus
* Soap actress Kelly Monaco with Valentin Chmerkovskiy
* Brazilian racecar driver Helio Castroneves with Chelsie Hightower
* Former 98 Degrees member Drew Lachey with Anna Trebunskaya
* French actor Gilles Marini with Peta Murgatroyd
* Former Olympian Apolo Anton Ohno with Karina Smirnoff
* Former Olympian Shawn Johnson with Derek Hough
The 13th and final spot in the lineup will be given to the last celebrity with the most votes from fans. It will either be Carson Kressley, Sabrina Bryan or Kyle Massey.
The person who claims that last spot will be announced on Aug. 27 on “Good Morning America.”
You can vote on the ABC website .
The season premiere will be Sept. 24 on Channel 9.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Entertainment Headlines
To the delight of those naval-minded and to sugary cereal enthusiasts, the big blue captain of our morning mealtime may be headed for a court martial.