The Cincinnati Reds are going for a sweep of the Giants Tuesday night, fresh off a 9-0 win in Game 2 of the National League Division Series. Cincinnati businesses and fans are welcoming the team back with a sea of red all over town.
Here’s what to expect around town in Cincinnati Tuesday for Game 3 :
- Volunteers with Coke will be handing out free drinks to fans dressed in head-to-toe red attire in downtown Cincinnati.
- Look up in the sky for the Goodyear blimp! The "Spirit of Goodyear" is set to provide hi-definition aerial coverage to TBS for Game 3 in Cincinnati.
- Going Red: The 50-foot-tall "Cincinnati" sign on the Duke Energy Convention Center, the Fifth Third Center lights, and the tiara of Great American Tower at Queen City Square will all be lit with red lights.
- Fountain Square: The game will be shown on the LED board, with beer sales available. And look for some surprise guests for the home games! Fifth and Vine Streets. For more information, go to
Game 3 Activities At Great American Ball Park:
- Ballpark gates open at 3:37 p.m.
- Full team introductions on the field will be at 5:15 p.m.
- Reds Hall of Famer Tom Browning will throw out the ceremonial first pitch.
- Cincinnati native Nick Lachey will be singing the National Anthem.
- All fans will receive a 'Let’s Go Reds' rally towel
- The world-famous Budweiser Clydesdales will be a part of the pregame ceremonies.
- US Army Infantryman Kevin Sauriol will deliver the official game ball and US Army Sergeant First Class Jeremiah Minor will be honored as the Cincinnati Bell Hometown Hero of the game.
How can you can participate:
- If you’re going downtown snap photos of the buildings and upload those to Twitter or Instagram, using "#downtowncincy" to share the images with other Reds fans.
- Meet the Budweiser Clydesdales Tuesday afternoon on Fountain Square, before they head to GABP for the game.
- Get your Reds gear:
- Koch Sporting Goods- Open from 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Huge selection of Reds merchandise. The store is located at 131 W. Fourth Street or go to
- Reds Team Shop- Official store of the Reds offering gifts and souvenirs. Open from 10 a.m. to one hour after the game ends at 100 Joe Nuxall Way. For more information, go to
- Visit the Reds Authentics booth on the Third Base concourse for official MLB authenticated used jerseys, bats, hats, balls, clubhouse memorabilia and autographed items.
- Reds Hall of Fame Exhibit: "Clinch Night” exhibit includes game-worn jerseys, champagne bottles from the celebration and a game-used First Base from the final out of the 2012 National League Central Division clinching win over the Dodgers are on display in the Great Teams Room.
Street Closures for NLDS Game 3:
- Westbound Mehring Way between Broadway and Joe Nuxhall Way will be closed starting at 9 a.m. for media parking (eastbound will remain open)
- Joe Nuxhall Way between Freedom Way and 2nd Street will be closed starting around 3 p.m.
What’s a sports rivalry without a gentlemen’s bet? Reds and Giants fans both love their chili. So Cincinnati and San Francisco's mayors set a friendly wager on the NL division series using a chili cook-off. The losing city in the series will host a chili cook-off fundraiser with the proceeds benefiting the winning city's youth programs.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.