CINCINNATI - With Bengals training camp in Cincinnati for the first time ever, and as the Reds continue their push toward the playoffs, the two have come together for the ultimate Cincinnati sports doubleheader.
The Reds and Bengals announced Wednesday four dates of co-promotion, in which the Reds will hold a game before or after the Bengals host a practice.
Fans can take in practice with the Bengals, enjoy all the great restaurants at The Banks entertainment district and the outdoor fun at the Smale Riverfront Park, and root the Redlegs on towards a division title.
The dates are as follows:
Thursday, Aug. 2
• Reds vs. San Diego Padres at Great American Ball Park (12:35 p.m.)
• Bengals Practice at Paul Brown Stadium (6 p.m.)
Saturday, Aug. 4
• Bengals Intrasquad Scrimmage at Paul Brown Stadium (3 p.m.)
• Reds vs. Pittsburgh Pirates at Great American Ball Park (7:10 p.m.)
Sunday, Aug. 5
• Reds vs. Pittsburgh Pirates at Great American Ball Park (1:10 p.m.)
• Bengals Black/White Mock Game at Paul Brown Stadium (6 p.m.)
Sunday, Aug. 19
• Reds vs. Chicago Cubs at Great American Ball Park (1:10 p.m.)
• Bengals Practice at Paul Brown Stadium (4 p.m.)
“There is nothing better than seeing your favorite sports teams live and in person and for the first time ever you can watch Bengals training camp in Cincinnati and take in a Reds game on the same day,” said Phil Castellini, Reds Chief Operating Officer.
“We are thrilled to offer training camp in downtown Cincinnati for the first time ever, and to give local sports fans the opportunity to cheer for the Reds and Bengals on the same day,” said Jeff Berding, Director of Sales and Public Affairs. “The practices on these promotional days will be in the stadium to accommodate large crowds and have been scheduled to avoid any conflicts with the Reds games. We are Reds fans, and are excited to work together on this very cool promotion.”
Coming soon to local businesses throughout Greater Cincinnati are the new Bengals/Reds Promotional Posters featuring a Reds and Bengals player on each:
• Cincinnati’s Best Hands: A.J. Green & Brandon Phillips
• Cincinnati’s Hardest Hitters: Rey Maualuga & Jay Bruce
• Cincinnati’s Top Guns: Andy Dalton & Aroldis Chapman
Several Bengals players will participate in on-field ceremonies prior to the Reds vs. Arizona Diamondbacks game Wednesday, including Rey Maualuga throwing out a ceremonial first pitch to Jay Bruce.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.